January 12, 2016
The Importance of Good Design in Marketing Your Brand
Often you have less than a second to make a first impression. Even the best marketing campaign will only gain ground if it is noticeable. It has to catch your prospects’ attention and keep them interested, above all the noise of competing messages. Good design helps you reach your clients in a memorable way, and will help you to get noticed.
A well-executed design…
- Communicates your brand
- Creates a consistent language to reinforce your specific offering in the minds of your audience
- Creates a visual hierarchy to tell your story in a clear and enticing way with visual cues
- Is far more than an attractive aesthetic—it is compelling and drives conversions
- Guides where the user’s eye goes first on a page, evokes emotions through imagery and color
- Uses typography, font sizes and emphasis to support messaging in a powerful way.
Design builds credibility and brand recognition by creating a consistent visual language, providing an instant connection to your services or offerings. Your company needs to make a good first impression with prospects, clients, and others. A poorly designed logo, website, brochure and other marketing tools will cast an unprofessional impression on your company, which can drive people away.
Don’t underestimate the value of good design for your business’ brand and promotions. For today’s design-savvy audiences, good design is not optional—it is critical to the success of your brand. Every “touch” you have with your audience—your website, brochures, ads, tradeshow graphics, etc.—gives an impression of your company. If your design is not professional, you can undermine the solid reputation you have worked hard to build.
Make good design a part of your business strategy and you will reap the benefits and create a better experience for your customers.